Software Engineer III-6369
As an Engineer 3 you will design, develop, and modify many different elements of technology. You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories, and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department. You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration. You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
In this role, you will develop, enhance, and maintain existing and new modules within the ARMS Business Solutions software platform. As a key member of our development team you will be involved in all tiers of the solution, UI, middle tier, and backend database and participate in full SDLC. We will rely on your senior level innovative problem solving and demonstrated software development skills using a variety of Open Source and Enterprise level technologies. You will work in small product focused teams delivering business specific technical solutions while working in partnership with other Software Development Engineers, Product Owners, and Quality Assurance staff.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Significant individual contributor performing both application design and coding.
- Primary coding language will be Java where you will consistently write, translate, re-factor, and code software programs and applications according to specifications provided by our Solution Architects
- Works with our System Administrators and other Software Development Engineers to assist in trouble shooting and resolving complex problems within our SaaS platform
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile methodology)
- Develop and maintain automated tests, helping to improve software quality through automated and manual testing
- Both participate in and lead design and code reviews.
- Lead paired programming sessions leading and mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects
- Work across both project roadmap initiatives as well as production systems support
- Production Systems Support and on-call dues maybe required in this role.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience managing concurrent web application development and infrastructure projects in a large-scale IT environment
- Must be a motivated, self-starter that can work independently and recognize the need to escalate when appropriate
- Must have experience in communicating, managing, planning, directing, coordinating, organizing, controlling, and reporting on concurrent projects
- Must have experience in gathering and documenting all business requirements
- Must demonstrate superb relationship management skills, specifically around managing conflict and resistance to change with the ability to create a positive atmosphere and be viewed as a partner
- Must possess exceptional communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively convey complex information in a manner that is easily understood and actionable to all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
- Must be a positive change agent with the ability to influence business decisions and constructively challenge prevailing thoughts and processes
- Must have experience with all SDLC (software development lifecycle) phases with Web Application development
- Experience with Agile development practices and corresponding tools, like Jira
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with Google products such as Chrome, GMail, Docs, Drive, Hangout, and Calendar
- Must have strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Experience in web application development as a software engineer