Reports To: President/CEO
Job Purpose: To maintain, administer, and oversee all financial record keeping for Beacon Technologies and Align Healthcare Consulting.
Expectation of Employee:
- Adheres to Beacon’s Policy and Procedures.
- Communicates regularly with President.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently reports to work prepared to perform duties of position.
- Proficient in Word and Excel and Quickbooks.
- Analytical and able to multi task, handle shifting priorities and complete projects in a timely manner while working with limited supervision.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work under pressure.
- Meets Department productivity standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, approves, and investigates client’s accounts payable invoices.
- Works with highly confidential information.
- Checks and verifies source documents such as invoices, receipts, employee reimbursements and codes payables for input.
- Maintains the system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining record keeping policies and procedures.
- Communicates with clients, client suppliers, vendors, banking contacts and employees.
- Maintains accounts receivable including collections.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by the President of the company.
- Deposits accounts receivables into company’s bank accounts.
- Reconciles and balances multiple bank accounts monthly.
- Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable reporting.
- Calculates and prepares tax payments.
- Draws up financial statements monthly or as needed (income statement, balance sheet).
- Assists accountants/tax consultants on tax return preparation.
- Responsible for pulling all the necessary data for payroll, including calculating proper deductions and withdrawals for benefits, wage deductions, child support, 401K and HSA accounts, and coordinates with Payroll Company to ensure accurate and timely paychecks.
- Generates 1099’s for vendors and mails W-2’s to employees.
- Maintains employee PTO and comp time reporting.
- Analyzes business transactions ensuring that all accounts remain balanced.
- Completes and records any sales and use tax returns annually.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Keeps a close watch on all the financial transactions of the company and takes any necessary actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by the President of the company or his designee.
- Prepares quarterly revenue reports as well as Sales and Recruiting bonus reporting for compensation
- Assists with audits.
- Maintains renewing of all Domain accounts and Hosting accounts.
- Maintains complete filing system to support financial records.
- Handles client mail.
- Orders all forms, checks etc. related to financial department.
Experience: Accounting degree preferred with at least 2 years of record keeping experience or a minimum of 5 – 10 years record keeping/ accounting background, preferably in the Industry.